- Basal cell…a slow growing cancer which is unlikely to spread to distant areas of the body or cause death. It appears as a painless, sometimes shiny raised area of the skin.
- Squamous cell…is more likely to spread. It appears as a hard lump with a scaly top.
- Melanoma…is the most aggressive. Moles that have changed in size, color or shape or are itchy or bleed are some of the signs of melanoma.
- Skin cancer is serious, but most skin cancers, if found early, are treatable.
- People with many moles have a higher risk of melanoma.
- Other risk factors include advanced age, heredity, light skin color and exposure to tanning beds.
- Over one million people in the U.S. each year are diagnosed with skin cancer. Unfortunately, many more go undiagnosed.
- UVA and UVB sunscreen helps block the rays than lead to skin cancer but it does not prevent it…sun damage is cumulative.To be effective, sunscreen must be worn!
Let us help you take care of your amazing skin! At REVIVOLOGY, we carry Skinmedica, Skinceuticals and Eminence skin care lines.